Wednesday 6 June 2012

Our Friends Are Back to Play!

June 6th @ 4:10pm – The ship must be a great curiosity to the Northern Fur Seals that live in this part of the open sea. One little character made an appearance today and spent the better part of half an hour playing in the waves right along side the ship. He (or she?) would pop up and take a good look at us before rolling and flipping in the water.

My daughter loves seals (her favourite stuffed animal is a seal called: ‘Sammy’) so I sent the following pictures off to her right away, and though they’d also be good to share with you!

(Oddly enough, both my young sons have octopi as their favourite ‘stuffies’, so perhaps there is a 'marine gene' in both my wife and I’s family trees somewhere!) 

Blog post and photos by Scott Doehler 
Marine Educator 


No comments:

Post a Comment