Saturday 9 June 2012

Fluid Plans and a Blog Blog

June 9th @ 6:00pm – With the priority at the moment being the cable we’ve hauled up on deck, which is being worked on round the clock, it looks like we will not have time on this half of the cruise to stop at Folger Passage before heading into port at Bamfield. But such is the nature of frontier scientific work like this – success often means flexibility!

Now, I’m not normally a journal writer or a blogger, but it has been fun trying to share some of what I have experienced during this voyage with you. I’ve found that writing each day (and as you’ve seen, many times a day in some instances) is a great way to solidify memorable experiences that might otherwise end up being more faded in the mind’s eye. It’s also taught me to keep and eye out for some of those unique moments in your day that add some colour to the over all experience, so I highly recommend journaling or blogging then next time you find yourself on an adventure!

In 48 hours I’ll be back on dry land with my family, and I feel a special urgency to grab a few more moments whenever I can to get out on deck and watch the sea from this amazing vantage point. Maybe I’m beginning to go a little crazy after being at sea for two weeks, but last night I found the evening light very intriguing and captured an interesting self-portrait high up on the foredeck.

Blog post and photo by Scott Doehler 
Marine Educator 

No comments:

Post a Comment